PartⅤ Translation ( 20 points )
Section A ( 5 X 2)
Directions: Translate the following sentences into English and write them on the ANSWER SHEET.
1. 他走路的样子使我想起他父亲也是这样走路的。
His walk reminds me of the way his father used to walk.
2. 如果你仔细读这封信,就会在字里行间发现它的真正用意。
If you read his letter carefully, you can find his real intention between the lines.
3. 真是令人惊讶的是公司的利润比去年下降了15%.
It was really surprising that the profits of the company were 15% lower than last year.
4. 我们试图让他们同意了,但没有成功。
We tried to get them to agree,but without much success.
5. 如果不马上采取行动,你就会坐失良机。
You will lose your chance if you don’t take action right now.
Section B ( 5 X 2)
Directions: Translate the following sentences into Chinese and write them on the ANSWER SHEET.
1. The thought of returning to his native land never deserted him.
他归国的念头始终萦绕在心中。
2. He has been studying electronics for no less than ten years.
他一直研究电子学已长达十年之久。
3. I regard it as an honor that I am chosen to attend the meeting.
我被选参加会议,感到光荣。
4. There is no denying the fact that they have made great achievements.
不能否认这样一个事实, 即他们取得了巨大成就。
5. They worked out a new method by which production has been rapidly increased.
他们制定出一种新方案,采用之后生产得到迅速提高。